Sundays, 5:00 5:50 pm, September 13 – November 22
In history, there are times when God’s people are gathered and times when we are scattered. The scattered church is called a diaspora. We are in a diaspora of sorts. We didn’t see it coming and do not know how long it will last. In Hebrews 10:25, we are taught not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together but to encourage one another — especially as we see the day approaching.
So What are Lowcountry Vespers?
They are small, neighborhood based backyard, garden, drive-way… gatherings to:
- meet your neighborhood St. Michaelites
- be obedient to scripture and encourage one another
- refresh the Holy Sprit’s flow between us
- grow God’s Kingdom on earth by inviting others to join us for vespers
- learn God’s Word so we can “rightly divide truth” amidst the complexities of our day
- experience the church small and local during these unprecedented times
Typical Vesper Gathering
- BYOBBBC – Bring Your Own Bible, Beverage, Blanket or Chair. Don’t forget your mask!!
- Place chairs in a socially distanced manner in the host’s yard.
- Open with Prayer
- Read a Passage of Scripture
- Talk about the Passage
- Answer 2-3 questions regarding the passage
- Ask the Children to share one thing they learned this week or made this week….
- Close in Prayer Air hug and go home.
So where are these podz?
Downtown: Gene & Susan Massamillo, 133 Tradd Street
West Ashley: Michael & Callie Lalich, 1422 Sasanqua Lane
James Island: Joe & Liz Good, 1581 Fairway Drive
John’s Island: Jackson & Melanie Steele, 4020 Betsy Kerrison Parkway
Mt Pleasant: Anne & Jed Kelley, 44 Jane Jacobs Street
IOP & Sullivans Isl: Wade & Eunice Logan, 2614 Atlantic Avenue, Sullivan’s Island
You will need to sign up for your preferred pod, since we will be limiting the number of folks per pod, to ensure safe social distancing. Click here for SignUp Genius! Once you choose your preferred pod, just click Submit and Sign Up at the bottom of your screen.