Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven. ~ Matthew 19:14
Sunday School is an opportunity to learn together about God’s great love. The Gospel Project curriculum offers a Christ-centered study that helps children and adults understand how all Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation, gives testimony to Jesus Christ. All the Sunday School classes study the same lesson, in an age-appropriate manner, which should lead to some interesting family discussions! We’ll learn that the Bible is not just a collection of stories, but one unified story–God’s story of redemption.
Nursery (ages 0 - 2 years) Reopening Sunday, July 18, 2021
St. Michael’s nursery for ages 0 – 2 years will reopen on a limited basis on Sunday, July 18, 2021. Due to the difficulty in finding and hiring nursery staff, we will only admit 5 children each for the 9:00 am and 11:00 am service.
9:00 am service: nursery is 8:45 am to 10:15 am 11:00 am service: nursery is 10:45 am to 12:30 pm
You will need to register for a spot on Sign Up Genius. One spot per child. You can go to this link: Sign Up:Nursery . Or use the QR code at the bottom of this page.
If you need the nursery during Sunday School, please contact Danielle Lindstrom to secure a spot between 10:00 am and 10:45 am. Signing up for nursery during a service DOES NOT guarantee you a spot during the Sunday School hour. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are following DHEC regulations that mandates no more than 3 infants per caregiver. At this point, we have hired two nursery workers. More spots will be added as we add nursery staff.
Thank you for your understanding and consideration as we move into reopening the nursery. If you know of any responsible adults, teenagers, or college students who would be willing to work on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings, please contact Danielle Lindstrom.
Sunday School for Children
Sunday School for Preschool through 5th grade meets each week in the Kinloch Room. For more information, or to volunteer to assist, please contact Danielle Lindstrom, email@example.com
10:00 am Youth Sunday School (6th – 12th grades) meets in the Rectory yard, or in the Buyck Chapel in inclement weather. For more information, please contact Taylor Daniel, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's Sunday School Reopening - March 21, 2021
Dear Parents of little disciples,
After careful consideration, planning, and prayer, we are delighted to inform you that we are opening an abridged version of the Sunday School for Pre-K through 5th grade beginning on Sunday, March 21st
Although we are opening this aspect of our regular programming, it will look different than previously as we make precautionary adjustments to ensure the safety of your children, our volunteers and staff. See below for more information on how this will look if you choose to utilize this resource on a Sunday morning.
KidCheck In- How Do I Sign Up?
- Download the KidCheck App onto your phone which can be found on St. Michael’s Church website- Children’s Ministries page.
- You must register all children you intend to check-in for Sunday School.
- Registering prior to drop-off ensures that we have adequate staff and volunteers based on our fixed capacity and space required to adhere to CDC guidelines.
- KidCheck confirmation check-in is located on the 1st floor of the loggia building.
What Will Check-In Look Like?
- There will be a quick wellness check that includes a health questionnaire.
- If a wellness check is passed, you will receive a name tag! One for your child and one for the guardian for pick-up.
- Handwashing and/or Hand Sanitizer will be readily available at Check-In.
- At this time, parents are unable to enter the Sunday School Classroom currently located in Kinloch room but parents can drop off their child at the entrance of Kinloch room.
Will My Child Be Safe Inside?
- Safety and health are our main priority! Social distancing protocols and face coverings will be required.
- Current Kinloch classroom will have a ratio of 1 Lead Teacher, 1 Teacher Helper and 1 Floater/HallWay Monitor. (all volunteers will undergo a wellness check prior to serving.)
- Kinloch Classroom will maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others who are not from your household.
- Occasionally, individually wrapped snacks will be provided and we advise you send your child with their own water bottle.
- Handwashing and/or Hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
What About the Germs?
- St. Michaels is fortunate to have staff that provide cleaning service. St. Michael’s will clean the facility before and after Sunday School concludes, in between services, and after church use on Sunday afternoon.
- On top of the consistent use of Clorox wipes, Lysol, hand sanitizer, and gloves, staff and volunteers are required to clean all surfaces and materials with an industrial cleaning solution in between services.
- Paid workers and Volunteers will be required to wear face coverings and/or face shields, gloves and pass weekly wellness checks.
We are constantly adapting and researching the best ways to ensure safety as we take the first step to reopening care for your children. As we do so, we ask that you pray with and for us, partner with us in grace, patience, and offer feedback as we adjust to this new normal. We are so excited to offer this to you and your family! We hope to see you soon!
Sunday School for Adults
10:00 am – Adults with David Booman and Lori Moore. A discussion-based class in the Choir Room, and on Zoom. For more information, contact David Booman at email@example.com.
To attend our virtual Sunday School just use this direct link: Booman class direct link, and then click on “Open Zoom Meetings.” Or you can use the Zoom app, select Join Meeting, and then enter the Meeting ID: 824 6142 3648
10:00 am Adults with the Rev. Tabitha Wang. Eat this Book! This is a discussion-based class in-person in Room 203, discussing books of the Bible.
10:00 am – Adults: The Book of Romans with the Rev. Bill Hyer. A lecture-based class, available in-person in the Chapel and on Zoom. Bill will speak on a book of the Bible each week.
To attend from your computer, go to this direct link: Hyer class direct link and then click on “Open Zoom Meetings.” Or use the Zoom app and select, Join Meeting, then enter the Meeting ID: 931-830-562.
Sunday School runs every Sunday from 9:15 – 10:15 am, year round. All classes are located in the Belser Building, just a short walk through the churchyard from the church.
Parents, check in your child using KidCheck in the Resource Center in the Loggia on the first floor of the Belser Building. Then drop off your children at 9:15am in the room based on your child’s current grade. You will pick up children in the same room at 10:15am.