Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven. ~ Matthew 19:14
This fall, all of our Sunday School classes will be studying the book of Genesis. We will be using the Bible Journey curriculum as a reference for the adult classes. Corresponding Gospel Project lessons will be used with youth and children. For more information on Bible Journey, or to sign up using the St Michael’s discount, please check out our Bible Journey webpage.
Nursery (ages 0 - 2 years)
St. Michael’s nursery for ages 0 – 2 years is open on a limited basis. Due to the difficulty in finding and hiring nursery staff, we will only admit 5 children each for the 9:00 am and 11:00 am service.
9:00 am service: nursery is 8:45 am to 10:15 am 11:00 am service: nursery is 10:45 am to 12:30 pm
Registration is preferred; walk-ins are welcome as space is available. You can register at this link: Sign Up:Nursery . Or use the QR code at the bottom of this page.
If you need the nursery during Sunday School, please contact Danielle Lindstrom to secure a spot between 10:00 am and 10:45 am. Signing up for nursery during a service DOES NOT guarantee you a spot during the Sunday School hour. Contact: [email protected]
We are following DHEC regulations that mandates no more than 3 infants per caregiver. At this point, we have hired two nursery workers. More spots will be added as we add nursery staff.
Thank you for your understanding and consideration as we move into reopening the nursery. If you know of any responsible adults, teenagers, or college students who would be willing to work on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings, please contact Danielle Lindstrom.
Sunday School for Children
Sunday School for children aged 3 years to 5th grade meets in the Kinloch Room, on the first floor of the Belser Building. This fall, we will be using the Gospel Project curriculum to study the book of Genesis.
We have made precautionary adjustments to ensure the safety of your children, our volunteers and staff. See below for more information on how this will look if you choose to utilize this resource on a Sunday morning.
KidCheck In- How Do I Sign Up?
- Download the KidCheck App onto your phone which can be found on St. Michael’s Church website- Children’s Ministries page.
- You must register all children you intend to check-in for Sunday School.
- Registering prior to drop-off ensures that we have adequate staff and volunteers based on our fixed capacity and space required to adhere to CDC guidelines.
- KidCheck confirmation check-in is located on the 1st floor of the loggia building.
What Will Check-In Look Like?
- There will be a quick wellness check that includes a health questionnaire.
- If a wellness check is passed, you will receive a name tag! One for your child and one for the guardian for pick-up.
- Handwashing and/or Hand Sanitizer will be readily available at Check-In.
- At this time, parents are unable to enter the Sunday School Classroom currently located in Kinloch room but parents can drop off their child at the entrance of Kinloch room.
Will My Child Be Safe Inside?
- Safety and health are our main priority! Social distancing protocols and face coverings will be required.
- Current Kinloch classroom will have a ratio of 1 Lead Teacher, 1 Teacher Helper and 1 Floater/HallWay Monitor. (all volunteers will undergo a wellness check prior to serving.)
- Kinloch Classroom will maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others who are not from your household.
- Occasionally, individually wrapped snacks will be provided and we advise you send your child with their own water bottle.
- Handwashing and/or Hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
What About the Germs?
- St. Michaels is fortunate to have staff that provide cleaning service. St. Michael’s will clean the facility before and after Sunday School concludes, in between services, and after church use on Sunday afternoon.
- On top of the consistent use of Clorox wipes, Lysol, hand sanitizer, and gloves, staff and volunteers are required to clean all surfaces and materials with an industrial cleaning solution in between services.
- Paid workers and Volunteers will be required to wear face coverings and/or face shields, gloves and pass weekly wellness checks.
We are constantly adapting and researching the best ways to ensure safety as we take the first step to reopening care for your children. As we do so, we ask that you pray with and for us, partner with us in grace, patience, and offer feedback as we adjust to this new normal. We are so excited to offer this to you and your family! We hope to see you soon!
Sunday School for Youth
10:00 am Youth Sunday School (6th – 12th grades) meets in the Youth Room, Room 201 on the second floor of the Belser Building. This fall, we will be using the Gospel Project curriculum to study the book of Genesis. For more information, please contact Taylor Daniel, [email protected].
Sunday School for Adults
10:00 am – Adults with Tim Surratt and Lori Moore. A discussion-based class in Room 204, on the 2nd floor of the Belser Building.
10:00 am – Adults with Bill Hyer. A lecture-based class, available in-person in the Chapel and on Zoom. For more information, please contact Bill Hyer at [email protected].
To attend from your computer, go to this direct link: Hyer class direct link and then click on “Open Zoom Meetings.” Or use the Zoom app and select, Join Meeting, then enter the Meeting ID: 931-830-562.
10:00 am – Bible 101 with Randy Shirley
This is a discussion based class in Room 207, next to the Chapel on the 2nd floor of the Belser Building. This class is ideal for those with less familiarity with the Bible. For more information, please contact Randy Shirley at [email protected].
Bible Journey is coming to St. Michael’s this fall!
Bible Journey is an on-line course from Gordon-Conwell Seminary, which brings the Bible to life for the novice and experienced Bible reader alike. It has an interactive, engaging format with visuals and expertise you won’t find anywhere else.
Bible Journey can be used in several ways. You can subscribe and use the material independently. For those who would like to study with others, the Discipleship Task Force can assist in creating Bible Journey study groups either on Sunday morning or during the week. Finally, Bible Journey works very well for established Life Groups.
St. Michael’s fall sermon series will be following Bible Journey’s lessons on Genesis. In the spring, the sermons will track with Bible Journey’s lessons on the Book of John. By subscribing to Bible Journey, you will have a fuller experience of these important scriptures.
St. Michael’s has arranged for a group discount on a Bible Journey subscription – you will receive a year’s subscription for $40, instead of the usual $150. To get this discount, you will need to contact Catherine Bowen in the church office: by phone 843-723-0603 or by email: [email protected]. She will send you an email with a link to sign up with the discount. Each code is only good for one person or email address. You will need a credit card to sign up. There will be a 14-day free trial, so you can explore the material and lessons available on the website. You can cancel anytime before the end of your 14-day trial.