In a nutshell….
- Bishop Mark Lawrence has issued guidelines for Sunday worship in all churches of the diocese. St. Michael’s has implemented these guidelines. More detailed information on public Sunday worship can be found at this link.
- St. Michael’s will be worshipping both in church on a limited basis, as well as online. You can find links for online worship in the weekly eMessenger (the Friday email) and on the website.
- All campus-based ministries, including Super Wednesday, life groups, bible studies, meetings, etc, have been suspended until further notice. Many ministries are continuing through online technology. Please check our website for more information. The office will be closed during this time.
- Please continue your tithes and offerings. We have three ways to give:
- Mail a check to the church at 71 Broad Street, 29401
- Go on our website and give electronically (under Giving)
- Text stm to 73256 (REALM)
Need More Information?
Click on the buttons below to find out more about our virtual worship, online discipleship and classes, prayer needs, congregational care, stewardship, mission under quarantine, stories from parishioners, and resources to encourage and inform. The Rector will post weekly pastoral letters giving his View from the Steeple.
THURSDAY, MARCH 25, 2020
From the Diocese…
In response to the evolving situation regarding the coronavirus, and out of concern for the welfare of our people as well as the larger community, Bishop Mark Lawrence has extended his directive regarding on-site, in-person, worship services for churches within the Diocese until at least Palm Sunday. The Bishop is communicating with all rectors and vicars via online conference calls on a deanery by deanery basis. We are waiting to see how the situation unfolds before extending that directive further.
The Bishop wrote in a note to the Diocese, “Be assured that these measures are issued not out of fear, but out of love and concern for the welfare of all and to assist in defeating this virus. As St. Paul says in his final letter to Timothy, ‘God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.’”
MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2020
To honor CDC guidelines, and the guidelines of the Anglican Diocese of South Carolina, campus-based ministries are postponed, cancelled, or are happening online through Tuesday, March 31. Complete Sunday services can be accessed through our website.
POSTPONED: Day of Healing Prayer, Baby Shower for Lowcountry Pregnancy Center
Due to the concerns about the spread of the coronavirus, St. Michael’s has decided, in an abundance of caution, to postpone the Day of Healing Prayer scheduled to occur on Saturday, March 21, and the Baby Shower for the Lowcountry Pregnancy Center scheduled for Sunday, March 22. All who have paid in advance for the Day of Healing Prayer will receive a refund. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but feel everyone’s health is of paramount importance.
CANCELLED: Community Lenten Service & Luncheon, Men’s Hike
The Community Lenten Service & Luncheon series held each Wednesday during Lent has been cancelled for the remainder of Lent.
The Men’s Hike scheduled for April 16 – 19 has been cancelled.
CHANGED: Charleston Walk for Water
The Charleston Walk for Water has changed to a virtual walk. Please check the following websites for more information: