Receptionist and Information Specialist
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021 Email resume to: email@example.com
Overview: Saint Michael’s vision is to transform hearts through Jesus Christ. Consistent with our vision is our priority to successfully provide “first-contact” support to the parish. The Receptionist and Information Specialist RIS serves as the rector’s representative for receiving phone calls and office visits to include the triage as needed to redirect to the appropriate and responsible clergy or staff personnel. The RIS manages and updates the planning schedule and calendar to include the tracking of all Paid Time Off planned and taken. The RIS supports and reports to the Director of Communications. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Open the front-office at 8:30am and maintain distribution of calls and mail through 4:30pm Monday through Thursday (lunch break from 12pm – 1pm), Friday (8:30 am – 12:30 pm)
- Answer phones, transfers to the responsible party, and/or provides information to successfully satisfy all callers (provide pastoral care as needed – training provided).
- Greet people who come into the office, and assist as needed to include successful directions to appointment locations or provide information as requested.
- Maintain the front office, distribution boxes and coffee area.
- Receive, Collect and Distribute mail.
- Provide assistance to the homeless with information on resources available.
B. Information Specialist and Administrative Support
- Assist with proofing of bulletins weekly.
- Order all Print and Office supplies.
- Keep Track of Easter and Christmas flower offerings, enter names of memorials and Thanksgiving into the spreadsheet for the bulletin to be printed.
- Support Director of Communications to include copying and printing.
- Track registrations for events; all RSVP’s.
- Maintain Key Control (issuing and tracking of building access keys).
- Maintain Master Calendar through Facility Scheduling:
- Reserve rooms for Life Groups and meetings.
- Track Clergy and Staff PTO (planned and taken).
- Send an updated 8 week Calendar to staff each Tuesday in support of weekly staff meetings.
- Keep track of staff attendance and email Roll Call daily.
- Provide database management (training provided) for ad hoc reports as needed.
C. Worship Support
- Solicit volunteers to support all parish-wide ministries and worship services and schedule volunteers in Ministry Scheduler Pro (MSP) – volunteers include: ushers, lay readers, crucifer, and acolytes.
- Provide scripture and prayers of the people set-up for readers for all services (including weddings and funerals).
- Attend Wednesday rehearsals as needed/per request of the rector.
Success in this Role:
- Parishioners are satisfied with front-office support.
- 100% coverage of volunteer support of Sunday worship services.
Attributes and Skills:
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ and pursuit of spiritual growth in the Christian faith.
- Commitment to St Michael’s Church and the vision of transforming hearts through Jesus Christ.
- Strong communication skills – oral and written.
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Collaborative leadership style.
- Commitment to excellence in all tasks.
- Professional behavior in all circumstances.
- Reputation for integrity.
Supervisor: Director of Communications
Nursery Worker - Ongoing
Do you like children and babies? Do you have any experience, such as baby-sitting or care for younger siblings? Then consider becoming a nursery worker at St. Michael’s. We have a nursery for children aged 0 – 4 years every Sunday morning (7:45 am – 12:00 noon). We also have a nursery for our Wednesday night activities (5:30 pm – 8:00 pm). There may be other days and times scheduled, depending upon the needs of the congregation. For more information, contact Danielle Lindstrom, Director of Children’s Ministry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.