Festival of Faith/Annual Meeting
May 31, 2020
1:00 pm via Zoom
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM YOUR WARDENS
Greetings and peace to our St. Michael’s brothers and sisters! While we find ourselves now living in “interesting times,” we are comforted in our knowledge of the Person in whom our faith reliably resides and that He will soon have us reunited, not virtually, but physically as a community of faith. In the meantime, we are having to do some things differently while still conforming to the requirements of our bylaws, particularly in regards to our annual meeting and voting procedures. All the steps in these processes are described below. If you have any procedural questions, please contact Trish McGuinn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, for your information, we are including a copy of the St. Michael’s bylaws and the vestry resolution authorizing our electronic annual meeting with this communication.
With blessings to all,
Heidi Ravenel Lee Cox
Senior Warden Junior Warden
Senior Warden Junior Warden
Here is what you need to know:
1. Watch the service video on Sunday morning!
2. For the annual meeting, join the Zoom Meeting at this link, or go to Zoom. com and enter the Meeting ID: 862 3739 8723
3. Voting: we will be doing this virtually as well. All active members, 17 years and older and in good standing, will receive an email with a link. Voting will open at 2 pm on Sunday, May 31, and close at 5 pm the same day. You will simply click on the link, make your selections, and submit your ballot. Only one ballot may be submitted per link. If you or your spouse has changed, or not given us, your email address, please send an email immediately to email@example.com.
4. Paper Ballots: For those who are not comfortable with the internet, we will have paper ballots available in the church office. Call the office and we will be happy to mail one to you, or you can come by and pick one up (please call first, to make sure someone is here). All paper ballots need to be in the office by the close of business on Friday, May 29.
5. Candidates: We have 3 candidates running for 3 spots on the Vestry this year. We originally had four candidates, but one had to withdraw. Vestry candidates will therefore be voted on by acclamation. We also have 8 candidates running for the 4 convention delegate spots. Runners up for the delegate spots will serve as alternates. All voting is tabulated by a plurality of votes. Candidate photos and bios are available at the links below.
6. After soliciting legal advice, the Vestry passed a resolution allowing for a virtual annual meeting. You can see a copy of the resolution, as well as of the bylaws, at the links below.
7. The Annual Report is available at this link: