We welcome you to our family based ministry webpage. It is such a thrill that you want to learn more about how God can bless your family through knowing Him better. You may be asking yourself, what is different about a family based ministry? I am glad you asked.
We, at St. Michael’s, believe that the best teachers for our children are the faith-driven parents. In this family led ministry, parents find that they have the greatest amount of time and the unique ability to really impact their child’s faith. Our goal, as a department, is to provide opportunities and materials to help enhance these learning moments that families share together. The Children’s Ministry is dedicated to honoring and encouraging families in their walk with Christ.
Nursery (0 - 2 years) Reopening Sunday, July 18, 2021
St. Michael’s nursery for ages 0 – 2 years will reopen on a limited basis on Sunday, July 18, 2021. Due to the difficulty in finding and hiring nursery staff, we will only admit 5 children each for the 9:00 am and 11:00 am service.
9:00 am service: nursery is 8:45 am to 10:15 am 11:00 am service: nursery is 10:45 am to 12:30 pm
You will need to register for a spot on Sign Up Genius. One spot per child. You can go to this link: Sign Up:Nursery . Or use the QR code below.
If you need the nursery during Sunday School, please contact Danielle Lindstrom to secure a spot between 10:00 am and 10:45 am. Signing up for nursery during a service DOES NOT guarantee you a spot during the Sunday School hour. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are following DHEC regulations that mandates no more than 3 infants per caregiver. At this point, we have hired two nursery workers. More spots will be added as we add nursery staff.
Thank you for your understanding and consideration as we move into reopening the nursery. If you know of any responsible adults, teenagers, or college students who would be willing to work on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings, please contact Danielle Lindstrom.
Children's Sunday School (Pre-K - 5th Grade)
Dear Parents of little disciples,
After careful consideration, planning, and prayer, we are delighted to inform you that we are opening an abridged version of the Sunday School for Pre-K through 5th grade beginning on Sunday, March 21, 2021.
Although we are opening this aspect of our regular programming, it will look different than previously as we make precautionary adjustments to ensure the safety of your children, our volunteers and staff. See below for more information on how this will look if you choose to utilize this resource on a Sunday morning.
KidCheck In- How Do I Sign Up?
- Download the KidCheck App onto your phone which can be found on St. Michael’s Church website- Children’s Ministries page.
- You must register all children you intend to check-in for Sunday School.
- Registering prior to drop-off ensures that we have adequate staff and volunteers based on our fixed capacity and space required to adhere to CDC guidelines.
- KidCheck confirmation check-in is located on the 1st floor of the loggia building.
What Will Check-In Look Like?
- There will be a quick wellness check that includes a health questionnaire.
- If a wellness check is passed, you will receive a name tag! One for your child and one for the guardian for pick-up.
- Handwashing and/or Hand Sanitizer will be readily available at Check-In.
- At this time, parents are unable to enter the Sunday School Classroom currently located in Kinloch room but parents can drop off their child at the entrance of Kinloch room.
Will My Child Be Safe Inside?
- Safety and health are our main priority! Social distancing protocols and face coverings will be required.
- Current Kinloch classroom will have a ratio of 1 Lead Teacher, 1 Teacher Helper and 1 Floater/HallWay Monitor. (all volunteers will undergo a wellness check prior to serving.)
- Kinloch Classroom will maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others who are not from your household.
- Occasionally, individually wrapped snacks will be provided and we advise you send your child with their own water bottle.
- Handwashing and/or Hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
What About the Germs?
- St. Michaels is fortunate to have staff that provide cleaning service. St. Michael’s will clean the facility before and after Sunday School concludes, in between services, and after church use on Sunday afternoon.
- On top of the consistent use of Clorox wipes, Lysol, hand sanitizer, and gloves, staff and volunteers are required to clean all surfaces and materials with an industrial cleaning solution in between services.
- Paid workers and Volunteers will be required to wear face coverings and/or face shields, gloves and pass weekly wellness checks.
We are constantly adapting and researching the best ways to ensure safety as we take the first step to reopening care for your children. As we do so, we ask that you pray with and for us, partner with us in grace, patience, and offer feedback as we adjust to this new normal. We are so excited to offer this to you and your family! We hope to see you soon!
Prayer Photo Directory
As David Booman and the Task Force develop their vision for this ministry, our team of leaders and intercessors would like to pray for the children and families of our church. As you have probably experienced with your own prayers, having a picture in front of us often enhances our ability to focus in prayer. With this in mind our intercessor and leadership team would greatly appreciate a family picture as they pray for each of you (casual/candid shots are fine).
If you wish to provide a photo that will be prayed over, please email me at: email@example.com. And a big thank-you to those who have already done so!
Blessings, Ted Moore, on behalf of the Family Ministry Task Force of St. Michael’s Church
Family Ministry Resources
David Booman recommends....
As Shakespeare is head and shoulders above all other playwrights, the Chronicles of Narnia are head and shoulders above all other children’s literature. By God’s grace this extraordinary series has been narrated by the greatest Shakespearian actors in the world including Kenneth Branagh, Alex Jennings, Michael York, Lynn Redgrave, Derek Jacobi, Jeremy Northam, and Patrick Stewart. My boys who are 4 and 6 have listened to the entire series half a dozen times in the car, and keep coming back for more. It can be purchased on Amazon OR listened to for FREE on Hoopla: www.hoopladigital.com.
8. The New City Catechism app
The New City Catechism for Kids is a resource aimed at teaching the core doctrines of the Christian faith to children ages 4–11. With 52 easy-to-understand questions and short answers set to incredibly catchy tunes, this is a home run for Christian families. The Boomans listen to it every morning over breakfast, and throughout the day. It is designed to help children understand who God is and what he has done and we have found that it prompts wonderful discussions around the breakfast or dinner table. Download from the app store today!
9. Seeds Family Worship
Seeds Family Worship is a tremendous resource for getting the Word of God into the home and into the hearts of our children. With 167 of the greatest verses of the Bible set to music, this makes Bible memorization easy and fun. Great to listen to in the car or in the home, parents will find themselves singing along! It can be listened to on iTunes, Right Now Media, and other platforms. https://www.seedsfamilyworship.com/
10. Family Discipleship in Quarantine with the Rev. Dr. Rob Reinow
a timely teaching by the Rev. Dr. Rob Reinow, from a St. Michael’s Zoom call. Rob shares some practical. ideas for connecting with our children in isolation and making the most of this time together. Reinow Zoom call
11. Six Songs for Mealtimes
God’s people have always praised Him in song. Before crises, during crises, and after crises, we were made to sing. Here are the Boomans singing some of our favorite mealtime songs of thanksgiving. Boomans Singing
12. Testimony of God’s Care and Protection
An extraordinary life-and-death testimony by Jules Deas, reminding us that God cares for us, and is always speaking to His children. Jules Deas Testimony