The Vestry met on April 27, 2017. The key items addressed were:
- Treasurer Gary DiCamillo reported that after lagging revenue in January and February, March and April were much better months and that we are very close to being on budget for the year.
- Mr. DiCamillo also reported that the Stewardship Committee has met twice and is working on plans to improve communication about stewardship on a year-round basis, rather than focusing only on a few weeks in the fall. The first Stewardship Committee event will be Bring-a-Friend-to-Church Sunday on Sunday, June 4, 2017 (Pentecost), where parishioners will be encouraged TO bring a friend to Church and we will make a special effort to recognize and greet all visitors.
- The Building and Grounds Committee reported that they are working to beautify the Churchyard using funds previously allocated by the vestry.
- The Building and Grounds Committee reported a problem with the chiller/boiler system, and the vestry allocated funds to address the problem.
- At the request of the Building and Grounds Committee, the vestry also allocated funds to complete painting the exterior of the church.
- The vestry discussed the strategic planning process at length, which will begin at the annual meeting with the distribution of a survey. It is hoped that the bones of a strategic plan will be ready by October 2017.
- The vestry discussed that a senior associate rector candidate will be interviewed on Sunday, May 7.
- The vestry prepared for the vestry Q&As to occur on April 30 and May 3.
The vestry will next meet at its retreat on Saturday, May 20, following with the next regular meeting on Thursday, May 25, 2017.