One of our values at St. Michael’s is keeping a teachable spirit in all things. It’s one of the things I love about our clergy team, we are always hungry to learn as we go!
After each major event, we hold an after event reflection where we can see what worked and didn’t work. We have certainly done this with our annual meeting/Festival of Faith. It is a crucial meeting where we as a congregation look back, forwards and elect new leadership. Here’s what we’ve learned and what we’re doing about it…
What we’ve heard … What we’ve done
1. Make it shorter. It will now be held from 9:30-10:30 between the 8 and 10:30 services in lieu of the 9:30 service
2. We need younger people there. We are holding it during the 9:30 service!
3. Give us more time to study the Annual Report. It is being passed out the two Sundays before the meeting. You may also view it online.
4. Give us more time have Q & A about budgets. We are holding two vestry open houses for Q & A sessions, Sunday, April 30 after the 10:30 service and Wednesday, May 3rd at 6:00 pm.
5. Let’s have a larger picnic. Join us for a great spring picnic in the churchyard after the 10:30 service!