Dear St. Michaelites:
What a week! From hurricane Dorian protection to our Sunday Fall Kick-Off, the Holy Spirit is on the move at St. Michael’s! If you missed the Kick-Off, here is a recap: On Sunday Morning, September 8 at 9:15, and to a standing room only crowd in the Kinloch Room, Senior Warden Heidi Ravenel took to the microphone as Master of Ceremonies. After an opening of worship led by Lacy and Emily Miller (musically known as Gracie & Lacy), and prayers by the Rector, Heidi did a masterful job of bringing everyone up to date on some very important happenings at St. Michael’s: In a nutshell, here are the Highlights:
• Dr. Chris Keenan was introduced as our Organist and Choirmaster, Chris spoke about his life and heart for music and ended with an invitation for choral singers for the choir and the “Messiah” in December
• Heidi then welcomed back The Rev. David Booman who shared highlights of his sabbatical (posted below) as well as the joy of being called to a new ministry, as Associate for Family Ministry
• Hal Frampton, Chair of the Family Ministry task force came up and described the plan for Children and Family Discipleship
• The Rev. Richard Grimball, shared his vision for Pastoral Care and Healing. Richard had been our Interim Assistant for Pastoral Care is now our permanent Associate for Pastoral Care and Healing
• David Richardson, Chair of the Congregational Care Task Force shared their plan of how we care for each other as a parish.
• And finally, Lee Cox shared the latest good news about the litigation of the larger church.
It was a magnificent morning! Please read David’s reflections from his sabbatical and join me in welcoming both David and Richard to their new roles at St. Michael’s! One more thing, please join your St. Michael’s family for Super Wednesday!
Blessings in Christ,
The Rev. Al Zadig, Jr.+