John 14:8-17, 25-27
Up in Worship How has God moved you to be a part of His restoring work through the Day of Healing Prayer and the message and blessing of last Sunday?
Where have you seen God open His hand to fill His creation with good things this week that causes you to praise and thank Him (Psalm 104:28)?
1. What first comes to your mind at the mention of the Holy Spirit?
Read Acts 2:1-21
2. What evidences or signs help the people recognize the new reality of the Holy Spirit’s filling (2:1-13)?
3. How does the coming of the promised Holy Spirit restore humankind from the effects of sin at Babel (See Genesis 11:1-9)? What truths can be learned, and how do they help you?
4. Where have you seen evidence of the Holy Spirit’s power that has gotten the attention of others? (in our church, life group, family, individual…). If it has been a while since you have witnessed the Holy Spirit at work, why do you think that is the case?
5. What do find significant about verse 14? Why?
6. How does Peter use prophecy (Joel 2:15-21) to explain to the people what is happening? Compared to the way God worked through His Spirit in the past, how is the outpouring of the Holy Spirit new in the last days? (See also Jeremiah 31:33-34 and Ezekiel 36:26-27, 39:29).
7. Why else is prophecy important to the work of God’s salvation?
8. What else does the Bible teach about the work of the Holy Spirit and the difference he makes? (Use John 14:8-17, 25-27 and Romans 8:14-17 with other scriptures.)
9. How have you been made new through the power of God’s word and His Spirit among a community of believers?
Out in Mission
According to Peter’s sermon at Pentecost, God’s people are living in the last days.
How should this truth renew a sense of urgency as it applies to the work God has called us to do?
Who has God placed in your life that is not ready for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ?
Where do you need to rely on the power of the Holy Spirit so that others may see the evidence of Christ in you?