Title and Topic
THE CONFERENCE ON RESTORATION WEEKEND: Renewing the Foundations Releasing the Vision
Transformation and Witness
Up in Worship
What truth about God did you learn through the scripture passages and message last Sunday that has helped you worship Him?
1. What do you think of when you hear the word glory? Where and how is it often used in our culture today?
Read Leviticus 9:22-10:3
2. What do Moses and Aaron have to do before the Lord’s glory appeared to the people (9:23)? (See also 8:1, 4 -6, 7-9, 10-13, and 9:1-6, 30, 35-36).
3. What do these details reveal about the blessing and presence of the Lord (9:22-24)?
4. What does it mean to be consecrated? What area of your life, family, group, or church needs to be consecrated to God?
5. How do the people respond when God’s glory appears? When and how has the glory and the presence of the Lord caused you to respond in a similar way (9:24)?
6. How do Nadab and Abihu sin against the Lord, and what is the result (10:1-3)?
7. What do Leviticus 9:24 and 10:2-3 teach about God’s concern for how He is worshiped?
Read Amos 9:11
God had created and called Israel to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation (Exodus 19:6) so that the whole world would be blessed through them. However, Israel failed to worship and serve the Lord as commanded, so He sent prophets to warn them. When they refused to repent, God judged them by removing them from the land He had given them.
8. After the discipline and destruction under His judgment, what does God promise to do for His people (9:11)?
9. How does James apply this passage in Acts 15:16-17, and what does his reference reveal about God’s plan? How has God called you and I as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ to be a part of His plan (2 Peter 1:9)?
Out in Mission
What do these promises teach you about the heart of God for His people and the world?
How does the promise of receiving God’s blessing and seeing His glory encourage you to repent of worshiping God your way rather than His?
What in your life, family, group, and church will you pray for God to rebuild and restore that His vision for the world can be accomplished?