Title and Topic
Restoration: How does the Resurrection Restore the World?
Transformation and Witness
Can you imagine a world where there is no more crying, no more tears, no more mourning, no more pain and most of all, no more death? Think about that for a minute, no more death? Amazing, yet this is the resurrection promise to the world.
1. Revelation 21:1-6 (New heaven and a new earth)
2. Matthew 24:4-15 (Good News preached to all nations, THEN the end will come)
Up in Worship
Where have you seen evidence of Christ’s power to restore His bride, the church recently? How does this cause you to praise God?
How can something that comes to an end be bad and good, bitter and sweet, or bring grief and joy at the same time? Where have you observed this to be true—in the world around you, in the life of another, or in your own life?
Read Matthew 24:4-15
1. What signs does Jesus give his disciples signaling the “end” (7, 14) and His coming?
2. Where do you see evidence of these signs in the world today?
3. What does the metaphor of “birth pains” (8) reveal about the coming end of all things?
4. How does the resurrection of Jesus give you hope as you ponder His warnings of the end?
Read Revelation 21:1-6
5. Describe what John sees in verses 1-3.
6. What difference does God’s dwelling place with man make?
7. What in our world needs restoring? What in your own life would you like God to make new?
8. Why must the former things pass away (1, 4) before all things are made new (5)?
9. How does God guarantee that all who are thirsty will drink from the spring of the water of life without payment (5-6)?
10. How does John’s vision—of a bride made ready for her husband and the holy city coming down— inform the call and life purpose of every disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ?
Out in Mission
How has God used our life group to bring much needed restoring into your marriage, family, work, and other relationships? Who do you need to invite so that they too may experience the life-giving presence of Jesus Christ?
Who among you is thirsty that needs to hear your story of renewal so that they may receive Christ’s life-giving water?