Title and Topic
Restoration: How does the Resurrection Restore Relationships?
Transformation and Witness
The Christian faith is less a doctrine and more a relationship. Yet why is it that our relationships can be turned upside down even with Christians? The Resurrection has an answer for that.
1. John 20:19-31 Jesus said, Peace Be with You.
2. Colossians 3:12-17 Bearing with One Another
Up In Worship
How did participating in a Holy Week event cause you to worship Jesus?
What will people do in order to find the peace they desire and need?
Read John 20:19-31
1. When the risen Jesus appears to the disciples, what is significant about the repetition of His greeting, “Peace be with you” (19, 21, and 26)?
2. What mission does Jesus give His disciples, and how does he empower them (21-23)?
3. How has the presence of Christ enabled you to move beyond fear into a full life of mission?
4. What does Jesus do to answer the doubts of Thomas (24-29)?
5. How has God answered your doubts with His word to give you life in Christ (30-31)?
Read Colossians 3:12-17
6. What does the metaphor of putting on clothing communicate about the attitudes and actions God desires of His people (12)? Why do you think Paul reminds his readers of who they are before instructing them?
7. Which of the attributes from v. 12 have you seen demonstrated recently? What impact did it have?
8. What does it mean to bear with and forgive as Christ has forgiven us (13)?
9. What attitudes and actions cultivate an environment of peace among a body of believers (14-17)? How will you ask God to help you cultivate an environment of peace in your family, church, and community?
Out in Mission
How does the peace the world offers differ from the peace only Christ can give?
Who do you know needs the peace of Christ, and what step will you take to obey His mission to go offering His forgiveness?