Title and Topic
Title and Topic: The Resurrection Roles Shame, Pain Death and Grief Away, CELEBRATE!
Transformation and Witness
Did you know that CELEBRATION is a discipline? How can we be silent when Jesus destroys death in the Resurrection! TODAY WE HIT OUR FINAL SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE…CELEBRATION!!!!!
The constant takeaway is this: People would know that Discipleship is learning to love, look and live more like Jesus.
1. Romans 6:3-11
2. Luke 24:1-12
Up in Worship
What do the events of Holy Week communicate about the character of God that helps you worship Him?
How could you be more intentional about making Resurrection Sunday a celebration of all God has done for you in Christ?
Read Luke 24:1-12
1. What do the women find on the first day of the week as dawn approaches (1-4)?
2. How do the women come to understand their discovery (5-8)?
3. What do you find most significant about the details of the women’s discovery? What does it teach you about God and His salvation?
4. How does the response of the disciples to the good news compare with the women’s? Why do you think they do not believe (9-12)?
5. In what impossible, dead, and buried situation have you or someone you love been placed that focusing on the resurrection changes your perspective? How may God use these truths discovered to breathe His life into what has long been dead?
Read Romans 6:3-11
6. What, according to Paul, does God give His people through the life, death, and resurrection
of the Lord Jesus Christ?
7. What does it look like to consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus (11)?
8. How does Paul communicate that celebrating what we have been given in Christ is a discipline (See 3, 6, and 9 with other verses)?
Out in Mission
Where do we and others often seek the living among the dead (Luke 24:5)? How can seeking life in Christ alone transform your witness before those in your family, church, or community?
What can you do as a life group on mission to practice the discipline of celebrating what God has given His people in Christ? Who will you invite to the celebration?